Minges & Associates provides a full range of planning and consulting services:
Planning and Organizational Development:
- Strategic and operational planning. We custom design each planning project model to the unique circumstances and culture of the client.
- Organizational development and improvement. We provide consulting, facilitation, problem solving and training for libraries and library systems that are seeking to improve, reexamine or restructure their organizations.
- Library board consulting and development. We provide consulting, training, and facilitation services in the full range of library board operations, board/staff relations and other issues.
- Evaluation of existing service programs and projects, and assistance in planning new programs.
Cooperative and Rural Library Service:
- Rural and small library services.
- Cooperative library systems and consortia consulting
- State Library agency programs.
Open source integrated library systems
Are you considering moving to an open source integrated library automation system such as Koha or Evergreen? Minges & Associates offers consulting in the planning, selection and implementation of open source integrated library automation systems. We draw on extensive experience in implementation of open source ILS systems and selection of support vendors. We provide:
- Consulting on the advantages and pitfalls of open source systems.
- Evaluation of open source integrated systems and hosting/support vendors.
- Development of RFP and consulting on selection of an open source system.
- Policies and procedures for open source system
Library Delivery Systems
Minges & Associates consults on the implementation and development of library courier delivery services. We are experienced in all aspects of courier service management and development including:
- Feasibility studies.
- RFP and vendor selection processes.
- Contract negotiation.
- Management and operational issues.
- Communication with vendors, libraries and other stakeholders.
- Evaluation and expansion.